Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Seriously Yummy

Ever since I've been using my Autumn candles, the house has smelled so good, but I haven't had anything to show for it. The other day I searched the internet for some Pumpkin Cupcake recipes. I found a couple I want to try. This is one attempt. I made these up last night while Hailey and Tad were at mutual. They said the house smelled really good when they got home. :)


















Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

1 white or yellow cake mix*
3 eggs
1 cup Libby's solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 small package instant Pumpkin Spice pudding*
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, beat on medium speed.
Fill baking cups 1/2 full.
Bake for 18-19 minutes

Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash salt
2-3 cups  powdered sugar
1-2 drops orange food color

Mix together softened cream cheese, butter, salt.
Add powered sugar until it reaches desired consistency.
Frost the cooled cupcakes.
Store in refrigerator.

*The recipe I found called for a spice cake mix and vanilla pudding. I couldn't find a spice cake mix, and I had a box of Pumpkin Spice pudding in the cupboard from a year or so ago, so I switched them. If I had a spice cake mix, I would not put the ginger or cloves into the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment