Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jumping the Gun

I bought these little paper mache stars last year, but never knew what to do with them. This year, I don't know if I'm a little more organized or just a little more inspired, but I immediately thought of getting some gold spray paint (Yes, MORE spray paint), spraying them and then tying Red organdy ribbon on them. They're pretty basic, but I like the way they turned out and I think they'll look lovely on my Nativity Tree.
















My Nativity Tree is an idea I had last Christmas, on which I only used white twinkle lights, star ornaments and Nativity pieces. (I'd post a picture, but it was lost when the family computer crashed.) It turned out so well that I'm planning to do it again this year, and so I've been on the lookout for more star ornaments (pretty ones are nigh unto impossible to find, but I keep looking) and Nativity pieces. I've had the idea to re-create some of the hand made sets I've got, and I'll update progress on those as I can. I've also been scouring the internet for handmade star ornament ideas, and I've come up with a few that I want to try. If they turn out, I'll post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment