Monday, October 25, 2010

The Cutenesses

I love (I think I start so many of my blog entries with that phrase.) printed paper and cardstock. I love looking at it, shopping for it, collecting it and even, sometimes, using it. This summer I found some paper called the Tree House Collection by Pebbles. I immediately fell in love with it. Then I had the  idea to create books and notebooks and a checkbook cover for my purse, using this paper. I started out with something I call a "Purse Book".
 









My purse book is a little book of lists of things that I need to remember when I'm shopping for things--DVDs we own, library books I want to check out at the library, which sizes of knitting needles I have at the house, clothing sizes for family members--these are just a few of the lists I keep in my book, so I don't have to keep them in my head.

Another necessity in my purse is my "Purse Folder".   

















This idea came from Tamara, who got it from a friend of hers. It holds shopping lists, coupons, tithing receipts, store receipts and errand lists. I took the idea and ran with it.

Then I covered a tiny composition book with it. (Thanks, Jen!) 
 









Yay! A place to make notes!

Finally, I made a checkbook cover with it.
 









Now my purse accessories match and I love looking in my purse. 
 







I also have cute purses. Mom and Cheryl gave me this adorable red purse, which I affectionately named "The Luggage", for my birthday. This was actually the purse that inspired the purchase of the paper used for the accessories. It goes perfectly with the little clutch which  holds lip gloss, tylenol, lotion, kleenex and other necessities.




I also bought this darling purse last week at Walmart. Cute, black, rhumba ruffles, I love it.
This yellow purse was a favorite during the summer--bright and sunny and yellow,
and I found this matching yellow wallet as a happy accident at Hallmark.











My purses make me smile, and smiling makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment