Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Now that it is the new year, I feel like the holiday season is finally winding down, and that I'm holding my breath waiting for life to return to normal, whatever "normal" is. We've taken down the Christmas trees, put away the holiday decor, eaten our way through all of the holiday menus and watched most of the new DVD's that we got for Christmas. In the time-honored tradition of New Year's day at our house, we've assembled at least three jigsaw puzzles over the last 24 hours.

Hailey returns to school on Monday, but as for the rest of us, we are in a holding pattern. Tad's job ended on 23 December, so he is currently looking for work. Scott doesn't go back to school for 2 more weeks, if we can still afford to send him back, which is looking doubtful right now. He needs to find work immediately if he is going to be able to return to school. I'd love to have him go back. We'll see how things play out.

I have been thinking about goals for this new year, and I've realized that most of what I have planned for this year entails sewing baby things. I've got fabric to sew crib sheets, quilts, blankets and more quilts. I'm going to continue to collect things for my Grandmama's Hope Chest, things like toys and baby supplies. Another major event which we hope will occur this year is Scott's mission. He'll turn 19 this coming September.

Looking back over the year 2010, we've had several exciting things occur. Scott graduated from Hillcrest High School, Todd graduated with his Master's Degree in Trombone Performance from BYU, we found out that we're going to be grandparents, Hailey began her high school career at Hillcrest High School and I had a major, life changing surgery with an excellent recovery. It's been an exciting year.

In spite of the lack of employment, I have great hopes for this new year, and I'm excited about all of the possibilities that lie ahead of us.

It's going to be a great new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment