Thursday, January 27, 2011

All Done

Tad started working on the floor bricks Monday
and finished tearing the bricks out of the family room yesterday about noon-ish.
Today he swept, vacuumed and cleaned and here is the result--a freezing, cold, family room corner. We'll probably end up washing the walls and wiping down/vacuuming/dusting all the other surfaces in the room--soon.

I have also been busy this week. I got out the quilt blocks that I started 4 years ago, took a good look at my notes and fabric colors, and created this quilt block (called Bowties)
 and it will go with these (Whirling Star) 
(Log Cabin)
 (Rail Fence)
 (Dutchman's Puzzle)
 (Card Trick)
to create something looking a little like this
with these fabrics for corner blocks (light blue solid), sashing strips (peach solid) 
and backing/binding (blue floral)
and when I'm finished, it will be a lovely, little crib quilt to add to my Grandmama's Hope Chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment