Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting Started

I wanted to wait until after the holidays were over and people went back to school/work to start working on baby sewing. Well, the holidays are over, and Hailey has gone back to school. Scott is leaving this weekend. I can't wait any longer. Yesterday was spent binding 2 quilt panels.

I'd hoped to get more done, but it was a steep learning curve. I'd forgotten how to bind a quilt using fabric strips, so had to practice and rip out a couple of times before I'd gotten it right. They turned out well, though.  Porters had these on sale around Thanksgiving time, and I'd gotten one for myself, to put in the Grandma's Hope Chest. When the girls saw them, they each wanted one, and they were about $2.oo each on sale, so we got them and have been waiting to get them finished. I've decided to give mine to Jessie, so she'll have two of them. She can use them both for quilts or hang one on the wall as nursery decor. Also while she and Todd were here at Thanksgiving, we had gone to Walmart and we found both the fleece and the woven fabric which matched the quilt panels, so we bought enough fleece to make a crib blanket, and 2 pieces of fabric to make crib sheets. They are going to be so cute! I'll be making the crib sheets today, and will have enough to make a cradle sheet, too.
The print is "Jungle Babies" and I know one little, tiny girl who is going to have the cutest nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment