Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Alone but Not Lonely

Finally! After nearly 3 weeks, I have some time to myself! Tad and Scott have gone to run a few errands and won't be back for a couple of hours or more. Hailey is in school and so I have a whole blessed morning to myself! I can clean my scrapbook room, start a project, shred some paperwork, play computer games--anything I want to do without someone hovering, watching, talking or needing to eat. I've loaded the dishwasher and folded towels, Scott took out the trash and there are no little chores needing to be done. Lunch will be leftovers and easily reheated whenever the men straggle back in and I already have the meat thawed in the fridge for supper tonight. It's going to be a great day!

I forget how precious my alone time is until it disappears. I knew that having everyone home over Christmas break would require lots of hands-on face time, but Scott's winter break is longer than I'm used to and with Tad being home, I was starting to feel like the family entertainment coordinator. It's good to have a little down time. I love being a wife and mother, I also love being a female human.

Yesterday provided some vital information about sending Scott back to school on the 15th, which delights all of us to no end. Scott likes being home but there's not enough to do to keep him occupied all the time, and he craves his school routine. He also misses his friends. He's got good friends here at home, but he attended 2 mission farewells in the last two weeks, and his other friends are packing their bags, heading back to school. His college friends have been making plans to get together on their way back to BSU and he's looking forward to seeing them again. Scott has been blessed with finding good friends at school as well as at home.

Well, time is a-wastin'! I need to get busy doing something on my want-to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment