Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Getting Ready

Tad is leaving Sunday afternoon for his three week training in Rock Springs, Wyoming. I've been keeping him busy this week doing Honey-Do's. He's cut down 2 trees, cleaned up the yard, moved things around, repaired things and done lots of other manly things. I've been doing his laundry, cleaning the house and doing the cooking. It seems a fair trade.

I've also gotten a few crafty things done in the last couple of weeks. I already posted about Hailey's quilted tote bag. I also sewed 2 aprons for myself. I love aprons. One is a leftover piece of fabric which I found a couple of years ago at Walmart, and if I'd been able to afford yards and yards of it, would have decorated my entire kitchen with it. I love the bright colors and big flowers.
The second apron is a leftover piece from the fabric I actually used to decorate my kitchen--Crazy Daisy. Also bright, also fun, also a favorite.
It's a crazy idea of mine to have an apron for each major holiday. I've already got Christmas and Halloween nailed down, but I'm thinking that I really need one for patriotic holidays, Valentine's, St. Patrick's and possibly Easter. My sister, Jen, also loves aprons. We've tossed the idea of seasonal aprons back and forth on more than one occasion.

Not much else going on these days, but we are looking forward to the arrival of Jessie and Evie next week. It'll be fun to snuggle that cute baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment