Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finished

I started working on this latest project last night, when I realized how few days there were left of June. Luckily the wind had died down in the evening so I could go outside and stain these letters. They are, once again, from the cute shop in town, "Cut It Out". I've wanted to get these since last summer. I bought the lower case letters--it was all they had left. I guess everyone had my bright idea before I did. The paper is by Samantha Walker for Creative Imaginations. The stain is Minwax, the ribbon from my stash, the buttons and other embellies, also from my stash. I don't keep labels or packaging, so the only thing I know is the buttons are Just Another Button Company. The wood stars I bought with the letters.






I traced and cut out the paper letters last night, stained the wood parts last night and let them dry overnight. This morning I trimmed the letters, adhered them to the wood shapes, picked out my buttons and embellies and had them nearly finished. The only thing I needed was the blue organdy ribbon. Now, this afternoon, they are all done. Cute, too, if I do say so myself.

I still have one more project to do to be ready for July tomorrow. I bought fabric last week to make a patriotic apron, and I can cut that out this evening, have it sewn in less than 1/2 hour and still make it to the grocery store before bedtime, as long as I brainstorm menu ideas while I sew. I want to have the shopping done before tomorrow, because I'll be busy getting Hailey from camp, doing her laundry and preparing for Tad's arrival tomorrow.

Happy July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment