Friday, May 27, 2011

Sigh of Relief

I mentioned in this blog about 2 weeks ago that we'd been celebrating Tad's new job. What we didn't realize then was that it wasn't the actual hiring which had occurred. It was simply call backs for the actual hiring interview. Thursday, 19 May was an orientation meeting for those who had been called back and were still interested in being hired. We were. It was a very informative meeting, after which they did hold the actual hiring interviews. We felt very good about things to that point, and were told that final calls would be made beginning Monday, 23 May.

Well, Monday came and went. No phone call. Tuesday came and went. Still no call. Wednesday morning came, and Tad said that if he hadn't heard from anyone by noon, he was going to call the recruiter. Wednesday morning went, and Tad called the man. Ron told him that the calls were actually not being made until that very day, at which point a rather relieved Tad thanked him and hung up. Less that 10 minutes later, the phone rang, with the employment staffer on the other end. Tad was congratulated for his receiving his new job, informed that he had, truly, been hired, and was given a short list of things to begin doing in preparation for his training.

I'll be honest and say that by the end of Monday, I had lost faith. I had decided that if they hadn't called the first day, they weren't going to, and so I had changed the focus of my thoughts, prayers and actions. We were going to have to start the process completely over in job searches, and I was more than a little depressed. I received quite a lift in my spirits and a renewal of my faith and confidence with that phone call at 12:30 Wednesday.

There are lots of things that need to be done: physicals, drug testing, background checks, paperwork and lots of other things, but we've been getting them done and turned in. All things are due by Friday, 3 June, and they will be. The physical has been completed, the drug testing has been done, accounts have been opened and activated, paperwork has been filed and so now the only thing Tad has left to do is to study, and take his test for his CDL.

I have had such a feeling of peace that I know this is the job we are supposed to have. It's not going to be an easy job, for any of us. Tad will be gone 2 weeks out of three, and Hailey and I will be spending lots of time alone, but we are confident that we will be able to make a go of this job, and it will be a blessing for our family. We are go grateful for this job, for being able to meet our financial obligations, we feel truly blessed, cared for and so, again, I say, "Praise and Hallelujah"!

No comments:

Post a Comment