Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Motivation? What Motivation?

It's laundry day, the first batch is done, I've just finished reading "The Woman In White" by Wilkie Collins (The first detective story ever written) and I need to get started on Evie's blessing dress. The kids have decided to bring her home to our ward to have her blessed this weekend. I have been wanting needing to get started on her dress, but I just can't get excited about doing it.
It's not going to be hard, it's not going to take a long time, I have all the materials that I need to complete the whole thing, I even have the next 3 days to do it. I just can't get motivated to start it. Part of my hesitation is probably due to the fact that I need to get into the kitchen and do the dishes and wipe the counter and table so that I have a place to cut out the pattern pieces. It's Hailey's turn to do the dishes, she's at school and will probably have the excuse of homework when she gets home, (how do you argue with homework?) and I really can't wait that long to get started. I know that dishes aren't hard. I could get them done in 15 minutes or less. I just want to curl up in my chair and read another library book. At least the sun is shining today, and I don't think we'll get any snow or rain today, but this is Idaho in Spring, so who knows. Yesterday we had snow falling from a sunny sky. Go figure!

Simplicity Pattern #2900, size XXS, Dress View A (longer and without embroidery) with Slip View B (also longer and without embroidery), white batiste fabric, lace by Wrights (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment