Friday, April 29, 2011

99.3%

I cut out the dress and slip Wednesday afternoon, sewed the dress Thursday and sewed the slip this morning. Everything is finished except for sewing on the tiny snaps. That'll take about 1/2 hour max and I'll be done. Yay!

I cut the pattern to XXS which said it would fit a baby up to 7#. Hmmm. This looks like it would fit a baby up to at least 8#, and that's a lot of difference on a baby. Evie will probaby swim in it. I'd rather it fit too big than too small, though. Jen gave me the pattern, and it LOOKS cute, but it's a Vintage 1952 pattern. Apparently sewing techniques have changed drastically in the last 60 years. I've never seen such a bizarre pattern. I'm just glad it's done. It wasn't hard, just weird.

Anyway, here are pix of the finished (99.3%) dress and slip. Pretty dress for a pretty baby. I'll take pix of her wearing it on  her blessing day and post them later.

I also ended up getting a lot of other things done Wednesday afternoon besides cutting out the dress. I made Chicken Pot Pie (from scratch) for supper, made a batch of Brown Sugar cookies, finished all the laundry and had a little more free time for myself. It felt good to get so many things done.

1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautifully! Well done. Hope everything went smoothly with the dinner and all your guests.

    ReplyDelete