Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crafting at Evie's House

I got to spend the last 10 days in Orem with the kids, helping out and playing with the baby. It was fun, and tiring, but I really enjoyed it. I got to make a few things for Evie while I was there, as well as do a couple of things that Jessie wanted.

I  used to cover binders for my kids' scrapbooks,  using fabric, batting, cardboard and lots of hot glue. Then I got lazy (or smart) and started sewing slipcovers for binders, instead. It's easier, quicker and takes a lot less fabric. Here's the one I made for Evie, using the scraps of fabric I'd gotten for sheets.
I also scanned some of the fabric before I left home and printed off some paper to make a journal for Jessie and Todd to write notes and letters to her. It turned out pretty well. I love to cover composition books. I have more covered books than ways to use them. 
I also made some little mitts for Evie so she doesn't scratch her face with her fingernails. Quick and easy-peasy.
It was fun to be with the kids, but it's also very good to be home. I can't wait to see and hold that tiny cutie-pie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment