Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Done and Done

I finished both the quilt tops, quilt #1 ( which was really quilt #2) and quilt #2 (quilt #1) and they both look pretty good, if I do say so myself. Obviously, there are lots of flaws in both, but they are done, and now I just need to get them layered with batting and backing, and quilted. And bound. But for me, the hard part is done.

Here is yesterday afternoon's effort--
the sashing strips around and between quilt blocks on the original, favorite blocks
 and today, I added the border strips.
Same fabric, just making it large enough to fit a crib size batting and backing
and the second quilt, with all the sashing pieces and corner blocks, with the borders around it, also large enough to fit crib, batting and backing.

Done, and it's not even lunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment