Monday, February 21, 2011

Busy

I had a crafty day last week. They are getting to be few and far between, but it was lovely to have an idea of something to do, and all the supplies with which to make it.

If you've read anything of this blog, or have looked at my blog followings, you know that I love the Our Best Bites blog. I print lots of their recipes and put them into my family cookbook binder. Well, between those recipes and others that I had collected and put into the cookbook, it was overfull. The cover sat open at about a 30 degree angle. I decided to create a new cookbook to hold all the new, collected recipes, and keep the Taylor Family Cookbook with the original recipes.

Last Wednesday I spent a few minutes perusing my patterned paper stash and found the perfect line of paper that I wanted to use in my new cookbook. It was Studio Basics 101 by Creative Imaginations. The embellishments were simply buttons and ribbons I have in my supplies. I have had this paper in my drawer for a year or so, waiting for the perfect  project. The colors are bright and cheerful, and "match my kitchen!" Here are the results of my crafty day.



  










I spent a few minutes putting the printed recipes into this new book. It's full.

No comments:

Post a Comment