Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Good Morning's Work

I psyched myself up, put on my Big Girl panties and got back to work on the baby quilts this morning. I cut the newly purchased peach fabric into 3 1/2"x 12 1/2" strips and sewed them to the blocks for Quilt #2. I'm doing quilt #2 first so that I can make all my mistakes on it, since it doesn't have my favorite blocks in it. Now I'm ready to start work on quilt #1, but here is proof of my efforts...
 Quilt blocks with peach sashing strips in between them,
 Quilt block strips with sashing strips and corner block strips laid between them,
and the finished quilt top.
 I still need to put border strips around the quilt top, then layer the batting and backing, but this is a good indication of what I've gotten done. Not too shabby for 2 hours work.

No comments:

Post a Comment