Thursday, December 22, 2011

So Close

Christmas is three days away. I know, right? Today is a day when there is much that can be done, but nothing HAS to be done. We will probably spend today reading books, making cookies, doing a little house cleaning, spending time together. It'll be good. I love that Hailey and Scott are home right now, and that Jessie will be here next weekend, baby Evie in tow. My sweetie is out on rotation, but he will be here next week, too, so when we are all together next week, we will ALL be together. (We will be missing our wonderful son in law, Todd, but he'll be here in spirit.) As a result of this togetherness and apartness, I will be celebrating a small, quiet Christmas with my 2 kids, then my wonderful parents have invited us over for Christmas dinner after we all get home from church. It will be a fun time, and I have a feeling that my sister and her family will also be joining us later in the afternoon. We will  have our big, Christmas blowout when Tad, Jessie and Evie are here. It'll be a big, long, extended celebration. It'll be wonderful.

I'm so grateful to a loving Father in Heaven for his many gifts to us. We are so blessed, in so many ways. Words seem so inadequate to express how I feel, but I am truly grateful for the gifts He's given me: a sweet husband who loves me, 3 wonderful children and son in law, good health for me and mine, food in our cupboards and pantries, a home which shelters us from the storms of weather and the world around us, modern conveniences, the knowledge of the truth of his Gospel and my testimony of it, friends and family, and so many more blessings.

I'm most grateful of all for the gift of His son, Jesus Christ, and for His atoning sacrifice for me. I'm thankful to have an opportunity to think on Him and what he has done for me.

"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment