Friday, December 9, 2011

My Eyes Used to Be Blue, Now They're Checked

(It's really hard to take your own picture.)
These are my new glasses. *Sigh* I now have old eyes. They've started to balk when I need to read or look at things really close up. Mid- and long-range has still been fine. I've been putting off the visit to the eye doctor, because I knew what he was going to tell me. He told me on my last visit, I just delayed the inevitable. This time, though, I knew I was going to have to order the progressive lenses.

I got them in the week before Thanksgiving. I knew there would be adjustments, and I was prepared for that. I WASN'T prepared for being afraid to drive, being afraid of big places (like church and  Walmart, for examples), and for not being able to read the clocks on my walls, or street signs. That didn't feel right. I muddled through for a week, but the week after Thanksgiving, I took them back and asked them to make the upper part to my previous Rx. The finished product came back yesterday. It's still going to be an adjustment, I have to take it on faith that my feet are down there somewhere, but I do think they're better. I can see leaves on trees again, read street signs before I drive past, and I can read the clocks on my walls. I can also read my magazines and scriptures. Yay!

I haven't driven in them yet, so if you see me coming, get off the sidewalks!

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminded me of this, and I thought you might enjoy it! I love you, Mom!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ6jZv4S4VQ&feature=related

    ReplyDelete