Friday, November 26, 2010

Whew!

I'm not sure when Thanksgiving Day ceased to be a holiday in its own right, and became just a milestone to be reached, but while I did enjoy the day yesterday, I'm glad it's over. Maybe it's because there is so much food involved, and I don't enjoy cooking. Maybe because yesterday was one of the very few times that we've hosted and I knew that the bulk of the responsibility for EVERYTHING rested on me. Maybe because I'm still recuperating, and while I'm feeling really well, I still do too much and tire very easily. Maybe because of what looms ahead. Whatever the reason, I love Thanksgiving but I'm glad it's over.

We did have a wonderful day. All of the kids are home, and it's been fun to have them here. Mom and dad came to have dinner with us, and we very much enjoyed having them here. Everyone did help with the dinner, and it came off without a hitch, and right on schedule. It was also delicious. Of course, I forgot to take any pictures of us or the food, so there are no pictures in a  post AGAIN. Maybe I can catch some of us eating leftovers. Or pie for breakfast, or gathered playing games.

There is much for which I'm thankful, and we are very blessed.

Let us eat pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment