Monday, November 29, 2010

Bring It On

The kids all left yesterday for their respective homes, and it got mighty quiet around here yesterday afternoon. It was the perfect opportunity to look ahead to the Christmas season, and start making a few plans. I was able to unlock most of the Christmas music on the computer and synch my IPod with Christmas music, so it's been playing most of today, and I started another craft project. It's another wood letter project from "Cut It Out", and I did the staining of the letters this afternoon. It's my goal to trace, cut out and adhere the papers to the letters tomorrow, then I can take a picture of the finished product. I wanted to work on this while I was recuperating,  but Thanksgiving came right in the middle of my recovery. I've been pretty busy the last two weeks, and it's worn me out. Luckily I had a follow-up doctor appointment this morning and my doctor assured me that I'm doing well in my recuperation. She also reminded me that I had major surgery and I still need to rest and not work too hard.

While Jessie and Todd were here, we found a few things we want to make for the baby, so I have a few future projects to work on after the first of the year. I also have some maternity sewing to do for Jessie, if I can swing it. It'll be hard to sew for her long distance, but I'll try a couple of things. It's not the sewing that is the problem, but not having her here to try things on.

I bought a couple more tiny nativity sets this afternoon, and I can't wait to put them out. I love planning for the holidays, and I'm very ready to finish November tomorrow and get started with December.

No comments:

Post a Comment