Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall, Y'All!

This morning at about 3:30-ish was the autumnal equinox, and so the calendar has finally caught up with the stirrings in my veins. I've loved summer this year--it wasn't too hot, and the weather was sunny and clear nearly every day, however I've been feeling fall, ever since I took Hailey to the fair. That's the official-unofficial start of fall, in my personal circadian calendar. I still enjoy the indian summer, but I know it's coming to an end. My sister and her potato harvesting family are getting into the fields today. Pumpkins are starting to pile up in front of grocery stores, and here are some signs of fall in my own house:

Pumpkin muffins, (and the cute, fun muffin papers now available in the stores!)



















Autumn Candy (this year's new flavor is white chocolate candy corn--yummy!)










The tiny ornaments on my shelf










and my little seasonal tree.
 



 




(Ornament parts from Michaels, tree from Porters)

I also wanted to take this opportunity to show off my new living room furniture. We've been without furniture for about 2 months, and we found this lovely set last weekend. It's actually darker brown than it looks in this picture--think Dove's dark chocolate. It's so nice to not have guests sitting in the resin patio chairs which have graced our living room for the last two months. I won't be embarassed to have visiting teachers or other people come to our home, now.
Thanks to my sweetie for letting me act on my whims...

No comments:

Post a Comment