Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Yay for Sunshine!

Sunshine! Ahhhh, beautiful sunshine!

This hasn't been the worst winter in history, by any stretch, and we haven't had the horrible weather that the east coast and the Midwest have had, but we've had our days and weeks of cold and drear, and I'm ready for spring. Of course, in Idaho, spring can mean anything from sunshine to 2 feet of snow. I want to look out the window and see green and crocus--even weeds would look good right now. There is hope, though. The aspen in the front yard is bulging with buds and the woolly boogers will be here soon!

I'm making Evie's birthday present today. She will be 3 years old next week. When I asked her who said she could turn three, she proudly informed me that "I Did!". I asked her if she was the boss. She said her mommy was the boss, then asked me, "Nona, are you the boss?" I answered that I was the Big Boss, and everybody has to listen to me. If I said she could turn 3, then it was OK. She is such a smart and funny kiddo, and her little sister is right behind her, just as smart and funny. Elizabeth is learning to tell jokes. When her mommy asked her how old she was, she answered, "5!, 6!, 8!, 12!, 18! I funny!"

(and the birthday present? Well, it's a secret! Shhhh. When Evie gets it and opens the package, then I can do the reveal.)

I got my North Dakota license plates in the mail yesterday, and I wired money for the construction loan on Monday, so I guess it's official, I'm moving to North Dakota!  Even with all the negative comments I've gotten from people (and I haven't gotten a single positive comment, ever), I'm still excited to go and start a new life there with my sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment