Saturday, March 8, 2014

Still, still here, but not for long!

That sounds worse than the reality. The reality is that I will be moving within the next 3 months or so. My sweetie has been working in North Dakota for the last three years, rotating home for a week every two weeks. We had chosen to have me stay in Idaho until all our children were out of the house, because they still need a mom. Scott married last summer, and Hailey is set to graduate from high school this June, so there was and is nothing holding me to this house and this geographically-separated lifestyle.

We spent a week in North Dakota in January, looking for housing, and miracle of miracles, found something. Housing is hard to come by up there, and there was nothing in the way of real estate in our price range, and renting is prohibitively expensive. Our final option was a land/home package in a tiny rural community about 15 miles away from where Tad works. I've been spoiled by living in town for the last 8 1/2 years, so it will be a little bit of a culture shock to live outside of town again, but it will be worth it to have our own home on our own little piece of land. We will be getting a brand new home to be able to put together the way we want it, and best of all, my sweetheart will be home every night and there will be no more weeks spent apart. After these three years of travel rotations, that is sounding pretty sweet!

It's good to be back with the blog, after this year of being away. It's been  a year of mixed blessings and adventures. I probably won't be able to get completely caught up, but I can move forward, so the future of this blog will deal with my new, upcoming adventures, rockin' the Bakken.

Also I want to acknowledge my parents today on their 51st wedding anniversary. They are an inspiration to me and I love them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment