Friday, January 13, 2012

Here

 
We are here. We've been here all week. It's been a long, busy week. Tad had surgery on Tuesday, and he's been recovering ever since. He tries to rest, but as soon as he gets into some good sleep, someone comes into his room, wanting to check his vitals, draw his blood, give him meds, calls or texts, or tries to find some other way to disturb him. There is no resting in hospitals. The surgery went well. We still have to wait a couple weeks to get the lab & pathology reports, and also the genetic screening results, but we feel pretty good about how things have been going. We still have faith that he will have a full and complete recovery, since that is what we've been promised, but it's probably just going to be a longer road than we had first anticipated. Three words that keep swirling in my brain are Faith, Grace & Courage. Three more are Sleep, Sleep and Sleep. I guess I crave what I don't have, or have less than I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment