Sunday, October 30, 2011

Notebook

I'm posting today because if I don't write something in a hurry, my sister, Jen, is going to revoke my rights to the title of this blog. :)

Last year for Christmas, Santa brought me this little binding machine. It's a Zutter and I had big plans for this little thing. I really like it, but I realized that I can only use so many blank books.
















Um, yes. All blank.
















I finally thought of a real use for a hand-made book. I made this the other day.





















I cut the covers from the cardboard out of the back of a picture frame, covered the front with paper that I love (Splendor by BoBunny) and cut cream cardstock to the size of 5"x8" index cards. I've bound both the cream cardstock and the index cards inside the book. That way I can use it both horizontally and vertically.
















I'm going to put this with my scriptures, and when I come across a scripture reference that really speaks to me, I'm going to copy it out and also the thoughts and inspirations I get from it. I'm also going to copy favorite quotes that inspire me. If I had any, ANY talents whatsoever in the sketching/doodling department, I'd do that, too, but I don't. I don't want to make this an art book, anyway. It's really going to just be a book of inspirations. I wrote this first page during church this morning. Also, during Sunday School, I found a lot more I want to use. I really loved the lesson and the plethora of inspirations in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment