Thursday, July 7, 2011

Brainstorm

I've spent a portion of the last 3 days trying to remember what I've done for the last 23 years. No, I didn't just wake from an overlong episode of amnesia, I just wanted to start working on my project for Personal Progress. My Individual Worth project is to write our family's history by making a scrapbook. I had been tossing around ideas for different sizes and formats, and finally hit upon the method which really clicked for me. I am going to use a 1/2 size binder (6"x9"--will hold 5.5"x8.5" sheet protectors) and a 2 page spreat format. On the left page of each spread, I will put the year at the top, and a timeline down the left margin. Then I'll highlight events of that year, where we were, where Tad was working, the years the kids were in school, family activities, etc. On the right page, I'll put a couple of pictures of something that happened that year. I have scrapbooks from the first few years of our family, but this will be compact, concise and I can also keep it up to date very easily. Since I really do have a bad memory for dates and places, I needed to do part of this while Tad was home. He rocks as far as remembering dates and places. With his help, I now have the greatest outline of the entire course of our marriage, so far. While he's gone I can do the crafty portion of the project and have it done in a jiffy.

I love these mini binder type scrapbooks. I have plans to make lots of them. I want to make one for each of the grands, one for this blog, one for my own personal use, plus the Family History one.

No comments:

Post a Comment