Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bright & Cheerful

I received these potholders

a couple of years ago for Christmas from a really nice person who has never seen the inside of my kitchen. I've used them every day since she gave them to me, but I've never liked them. It was sweet of her to think of me, but I decided that I needed a change. I bought a skein of this yarn

by Red Heart, in the Bikini colorway, which matches my kitchen decor pretty closely. I spend a couple of evenings in front of the TV (watching Criminal Minds), crocheting these.

I don't care if I'm only using them to pull hot dishes out of the microwave, I like them so much better. My eyes gave a huge sigh of relief, even they are screaming bright.

Here is the autumn wreath I mentioned in yesterday's post, all finished.



I wrapped the yarn around the foam tube while I watched Criminal Minds, then cut the yarn flowers during the rest of Criminal Minds and CSI. I hot-glued the flowers together this morning and then assembled the wreath. Probably 2-3 hours, total, most of it in front of the TV. Thank goodness for Criminal Minds, or I might not get as much crafting done. :)

PS-The flower centers are colored brads hot-glued into the flowers. Buttons were, for the most part, too large for the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment