Saturday, December 18, 2010

"Soon it will be Christmas Day"

I've had an interesting week, capped by a wonderful anniversary day celebration yesterday with my sweetheart.  We've been married 22 years now, on the way to eternity, and it's been a fun ride.

We are inching ever closer to Christmas, and were able to finish our shopping yesterday. It's so nice to have crossed the last things off the list. We've gotten a few wrapped gifts under the tree, and there will be some more. Scott arrived in the wee hours of this morning, and Tamara will be arriving Monday morning. Jessie and Todd are driving to Colorado next week to spend Christmas with his family. It will be good when we are all where we need to be. I'm praying for safe travels for all.

The Christmas cards have been trickling in from loved ones, and while I love reading all of the messages, I really appreciated the one from Mom and Dad. They are serving a mission in the Idaho Falls Temple Visitor's Center, and are enjoying their time of service. Mom's message in their card was an eloquent reminder that it is the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, which we celebrate and remember at this holy season. So I add my testimony to hers..."For unto us a Child is Born, unto us a Son is given..."

No comments:

Post a Comment